Thursday, February 18, 2010

Art I want to Emulate

I've been surfing around Deviant Art and Etsy recently. I forgot how much awesome art is out there. Ahhhh...So refreshing. The internet really does empower artists (by making it possible to market themselves to the masses) and it gives me a lot of ideas. Thank you internet.
I found this photographer on Deviant Art.
And this artist does beautiful illustrations.

This is a pencil sketch that has been digitally coloured. I am TOTALLY going to copy this.

I've deciced that I have a thing for hats and umbrellas...I'm reminded of another print I have by Canadian artsit Claude Théberge (obviosly the style is completely different: Theberge was influenced by cubism, while the artwork above is reminicent of art nouveau) ...(This is not quite the same as the print I have...but similar)

I also found a bunch of headbands that would totally suit the newly developing idea I have for a 1920s style wedding...I know, weird right? Why am I thinking about that?! Probably because it's a really good excuse for a fancy theme party.


Carrying on with the retro look...When I was at Bonnaroo in 2007, I saw this awesome act called The Yard Dogs Road Show. Why am I not suprised to learn that these guys originated in San Francisco? By the way, did I mention I'm taking Burlesque lessons when I get to SF?! Should be fun.

(PS this is Dita Von Teese, infamous burlesque artist and Marilyn Manson's ex-wife.)

No comments:

Post a Comment