Monday, September 14, 2009

Only 77 work days left...

These are some of the cute Kindergarten girls who came into school wearing traditional Korean dress (Hanbok) today.This is why I'm never hungry at lunch time! People are always bringing in bread/dok/peanuts/song pyeon...Did you know that peanuts are wet when you break them open? Now I know why they're called "Dry roasted peanuts"... (EDIT: They were wet because they were boiled. Oops. Here I was thinking that peanuts were more like a bean or a fruit than a nut...)

This week the English teachers and I are going on a cultural Field trip, so tomorrow is our last day this week then we're going South to a historical city called Gyeongju for 2 days...Then it's the weekend and I'm hanging out with some friends from Hong Kong who are coming to Seoul for a mutual friend's wedding...

The first week in October I have Thursday, Friday and Monday off to celebrate "Chusok", which is like Korean Thanksgiving. The next weekend is the Pusan Film Festival, so that's going to be cool. I was going to ask to take part of my winter vacation off so I could spend more time at the film festival, but now I don't really feel like I can justify that since we're getting so much time off at the beginning of October. I guess I'll only be going there for the weekend (although the festival itself is 9 days long).

THEN...WAIT FOR IT...My Winter vacation is from December 20th until FEBRUARY 5th! Then my contract is UP on February 28th...And there's a holiday, and the last days are a weekend! Which means I'm only working 2 weeks in the new year before I move out of Korea! (That doesn't include school/district camps that I will be forced to work, but they don't count cause they're fun and not regular school...In total they'll take about 2 weeks).

So...Let me do some math now...Today is the 15th...
15 days left in September (of which I work 9)...
31 Days in October (work 19)...
30 days in November (work 21)...
31 days in December (work 14)...
30 days in January (work 0)
28 days in February (work 14)
-----------------------------------------------
= 164 Days (77 work days) till I leave Korea! AGH!

I didn't realize it was so soon...Gotta get cracking on my "what the hell do I do after I leave Korea?" plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment