Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ok...Seriously! Goodbye Facebook.

It's amazing how much more productive I am without Facebook. I'm trying to remember what my life was like before the internet. I was a kid, so life was easier: I went to the library to research for my homework, and I used these things called "books" and there were "catalogues" full of index cards...When I went to my friend's house, my mom had to call their home numbers, because I didn't have a cell phone. Speaking of numbers, I actually remembered phone numbers before the advance of a cell phone address book. Speaking of address books, who uses those anymore? I wonder how the yellow pages is coping these days?

I remember my grade 5 teacher brought a Mac to school in 1995 and told us that we could view a "page" from NASA. I had no idea what we were really looking at. I didn't get my first email address (francesdarwin@usa.com) until I was in grade 7. I went to a "lap top school" in 1998...It was so "revolutionary", we all had the same IBM Thinkpad laptops and sent in our homework by email. The school had problems with us surfing the internet in class, so the only way they could control us was to ask us to unplug our ethernet cords. I wonder how they're coping now with wireless technology?

I didn't get facebook till 2005 or 6...It wasn't a big thing back then...I was like "meh", ok, if you insist (my friend was insisting). I can't believe it's that young and it's already a verb. "Sure, I'll facebook you!"


No comments:

Post a Comment