Thursday, December 3, 2009

Rinsing Cereal

Until recently, it was almost impossible to find a relatively healthy cereal in Gangwon-Do. Sugar coated frosted flakes masquerade as "Well Being" cereal...HA! The flakes are smothered in a shiny shell of high fructose corn syrup, making the cereal almost impallitable. In order to get my daily dose of cereal deliciousness, I have been forced to rinse and strain my cereal before adding milk. Luckily, E-Mart now stocks a good brand of flakes that are sugar free. I've also noticed that a non-sweetened yogurt is being advertised on TV. No wonder Koreans think North Americans are so unhealthy, our healthy alternatives are just arriving here.



One of the culprits: "Almond Flakes" (pronounce in Korean like "Al-mon-duh Pu-lake-suh") is the cereal that I had to wash before eating.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea that you've been rinsing your cereal. Thats disgusting fran dawg. Your eating habits make me weep T.T

    ReplyDelete